- Shalika Pathirathna, Christian Sandor, Takafumi Taketomi, Alexander Plopski, and Hirokazu Kato, “Video Guides on Head-Mounted Displays: The Effect of Misalignments on Manual Task Performance”, Best Poster Award at ICAT-EGVE 2016, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA, December, 2016.
- Damien Constantine Rompapas, Aitor Rovira, Sei Ikeda, Alexander Plopski, Takafumi Taketomi, Christian Sandor, and Hirokazu Kato: “EyeAR: Refocusable Augmented Reality Content through Eye Measurements”, Best Demo Award at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, Merida, Mexico, September, 2016.
- Ouchi Yuma, Oral Kaplan, “Knock-out Knee Pain: Minimizing The Probability of Overuse Injuries in Cycling”, Best Oral Presentation Award in CICP2016: Workshop for Creative and International Competitiveness Project, Bosco Villa, December, 2016
- Ryo Akiyama, Ryoichiro Nishi, and Shalika Pathirathna: ISMAR 2015 Tracking Competition Award (Off-Site Category : Level 1) at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed Augmented Reality (ISMAR2015). Fukuoka, Japan, October, 2015.
- Kai Akiyama, Yuki Yamamoto, and Nozomi Terasaki:ISMAR 2015 Tracking Competition Award (Off-Site Category : Level 1) at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed Augmented Reality (ISMAR2015). Fukuoka, Japan, October, 2015.
- Ulrich Eck, Frieder Pankratz, Christian Sandor, Gudrun Klinker and Hamid Laga: “Comprehensive Workspace Calibration for Visuo-Haptic Augmented Reality”. Best short paper nominee at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed Augmented Reality (ISMAR2014). Munich, Germany, October, 2014.
- Goshiro Yamamoto, Zeeshan Asghar, Yuki Uranishi, Takafumi Taketomi, Christian Sandor, Tomohiro Kuroda, Petri Pulli, Hirokazu Kato: “Grid-pattern Indicating Interface for Ambient Assisted Living”. Best Short Paper Honourable Mention at 10th International Conference on Disability, Virtual Reality and Associated Technologies (ICDVRAT 2014). Gothenburg, Sweden, September, 2014.
- Christian Sandor: Google Research Awards Winter 2014, Google Faculty Research Awards, February 2014.
- Ma Meng, Pascal Fallavollita, Tobias Blum, Ulrich Eck, Christian Sandor, Simon Weidert, Jens Waschke and Nassir Navab: “Kinect for Interactive AR Anatomy Learning”. Best Poster Honourable Mention at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR2013). Adelaide, SA, Australia, October, 2013.
- Atsushi Keyaki, Jun Miyazaki, Kenji Hatano, Goshiro Yamamoto, Takafumi Taketomi, Hirokazu Kato: “Update-Aware Accurate XML Element Retrieval”, iDB 2013 Proceedings, Sapporo, Japan, July 2013．
- Atsushi Keyaki: WebDB Forum 2012, Best Paper Award, November 2012.
- Atsushi Keyaki: WebDB Forum 2012, Student Award, November 2012.
- Arindam Dey, Graeme Jarvis, Christian Sandor, Gerhard Reitmayr: “Tablet versus Phone: Depth Perception in Handheld Augmented Reality”. Best Paper Award Nominee at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR2012). Atlanta, USA, November, 2012.
- Hirokazu Kato, Mark Billinghurst,”Lasting Impact Award”,the IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR2012). Atlanta, USA, November, 2012.
- Michael Csongei, Liem Hoang, Ulrich Eck and Christian Sandor: “ClonAR: Rapid Redesign of Real-World Objects”. Best Poster Honourable Mention at IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR2012). Atlanta, USA, November, 2012.
- Marina Oikawa: Best paper award at XIV Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR2012). Niteroi, Brazil, May, 2012.
- Takefumi Fujiki, Taku Ozawa and Junpei Maeda: Best project developed during CICP（Creative and International Competitiveness Project), March 2012.
- Igor de Souza Almeida: “AR Based co-located Meeting Support System”, Best Poster Award. The 21st International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence. November 2011.
- Yu Fukuzawa: Information Processing Society of Japan Kansai Branch, Student Award, September 2011.
- Hirokazu Kato: CEDEC AWARDS 2011 (Programming, Development Environment), September 2011.
- Marina A. Oikawa: Summer school “Explorative Analysis and Visualization of Large Information Spaces, Best Poster Award. September, 2010.
- Tatsuya Hiramatsu: The 1st Mash-up Application & Idea Contest for Disaster Prevention. September, 2010.
- Toshiyuki Amano: “Meeting on Pattern Recognition and Understanding”, Best Demo Award. July, 2010.
- Jun Miyazaki: Award from The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers Information and Systems Society. June, 2010.
- Hirokazu Kato: 10th Anniversary of the Japanese Human Interface Society. September 2009.
- Makoto Yui: Distingueshed Young Researcher Award. The 1st International Workshop with Mentors on Databases, Web and Information Management for Young Researchers, July 2009.
- Hirokazu Kato: The 2009 Nikkei BP Technology Award. April, 2009.
- Hirokazu Kato: The 2009 Virtual Reality Technical Achievement Award from IEEE vgTC. March, 2009.
- Makoto Yui: “Web DB Forum 2008”. Student Encouragement Award and 3 Corporative Awards. December, 2008.
- Hirokazu Kato: “Virtual Reality Society of Japan Conference, Paper Award. September, 2008.
- Kenta Oku: “DBS Research Society of Information Processing Society (iDB2008)”, Student encouragement award. September, 2008.
- Toshiyuki Amano: “Meeting on Pattern Recognition and Understanding”, Best Demo. July, 2008.
- Kenta Oku: “DB Workshop 2008″, Distinguished Young Researcher Award”. June, 2008.
- Makoto Yui: “DB Workshop 2008, Distinguished Young Researcher Award”. June, 2008.
- Michitoshi Yoshii: “2007 Honorable Award from from The Institute of Electronic, Information and Communication Engineers”. March, 2008.
- Toru Tamaki，Toshiyuki Amano, Kazufumi Kaneda: “On a pose estimation in a subspace with block diagonalization of cyclic transient matrix of an image sequence”, MIRU2007, Interactive Session Award, August 2007.