Interactive Media Design Laboratory
Our vision is to introduce Augmented Reality into the everyday lives of everyone on this planet. Augmented Reality is a technology that enhances human vision with computer generated graphics. In order to achieve our vision, it is imperative to merge three currently distinct research fields into one: Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, and Human-Computer Interaction. The lab is co-directed by Professor Hirokazu Kato and Associate Professor Christian Sandor and includes several assistant professors, postdocs, graduate students and visitors.
- 2018/12/31 Associate Professor Christian Sandor has moved to City University of Hong Kong. We are thankful for all the knowledge and wisdom he brought to our lab, and wish him all the best in life as he starts a new chapter in his journey.
- 2018/12/10 Damien Constantine Rompapas won Best Oral Presentation Award in CICP.
- 2018/12/07 Daniel Eckhoff won Best Short Paper Award in VRCAI 2018.
- 2018/11/27 Naoki Inoue won Best Poster Award in MoST&JST Conference on ICT 2018.
- 2018/11/27 Jayzon Ty won Best Poster Award in MoST&JST Conference on ICT 2018.
- 2018/09/12 Ryo Akiyama has been selected as a research fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC2).
- 2018/08/08 Ryo Akiyama gave a poster presentation at MIRU 2018, and he got a poster presentation award.
- 2018/05/10 Assistant Professors Alexander Plopski and Takafumi Taketomi presented "Communication, Education and Management of an International Laboratory" as a keynote talk at the domestic workshop (CVIM).
- 2018/04/16 Assistant Professor Alexander Plopski presented "Efficient In-Situ Creation of Augmented Reality Tutorials" at Metrology for Industry 4.0 and IoT.
- 2018/04/15 Assistant Professor Takafumi Taketomi presented "Generative fence obstacle removal for images with color consistency" at APMAR 2018.
- 2018/03/30 The website on the 'Global Research Network for Healthy Society Based on Collaboration Between Media Informatics and Sports Science’ which is a research collaboration between NAIST and NIFS has been opened.
- 2018/03/22 Nicko Reginio Caluya presented his conference paper on "Transferability of Spatial Maps: Augmented Versus Virtual Reality Training" at IEEE VR 2018.
- 2018/03/21 Ryo Akiyama gave a poster presentation on "Light Projection-Induced Illusion for Controlling Object Color" at IEEE VR 2018.
- 2018/03/20 Oral Kaplan gave a poster presentation on "Towards Situated Knee Tracking Visualization for Self Analysis in Cycling" at IEEE VR 2018.