Interactive Media Design Laboratory
Our vision is to introduce Augmented Reality into the everyday lives of everyone on this planet. Augmented Reality is a technology that enhances human vision with computer generated graphics. In order to achieve our vision, it is imperative to merge three currently distinct research fields into one: Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, and Human-Computer Interaction. The lab is co-directed by Professor Hirokazu Kato and Associate Professor Christian Sandor and includes several assistant professors, postdocs, graduate students and visitors.
- 2018/12/07 Daniel Eckhoff won Best Short Paper Award in VRCAI 2018.
- 2018/11/27 Naoki Inoue won Best Poster Award in MoST&JST Conference on ICT 2018.
- 2018/11/27 Jayzon Ty won Best Poster Award in MoST&JST Conference on ICT 2018.
- 2018/09/12 Ryo Akiyama has been selected as a research fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC2).
- 2018/08/08 Ryo Akiyama gave a poster presentation at MIRU 2018, and he got a poster presentation award.
- 2018/05/10 Assistant Professors Alexander Plopski and Takafumi Taketomi presented "Communication, Education and Management of an International Laboratory" as a keynote talk at the domestic workshop (CVIM).
- 2018/04/16 Assistant Professor Alexander Plopski presented "Efficient In-Situ Creation of Augmented Reality Tutorials" at Metrology for Industry 4.0 and IoT.
- 2018/04/15 Assistant Professor Takafumi Taketomi presented "Generative fence obstacle removal for images with color consistency" at APMAR 2018.
- 2018/03/30 The website on the 'Global Research Network for Healthy Society Based on Collaboration Between Media Informatics and Sports Science’ which is a research collaboration between NAIST and NIFS has been opened.
- 2018/03/22 Nicko Reginio Caluya presented his conference paper on "Transferability of Spatial Maps: Augmented Versus Virtual Reality Training" at IEEE VR 2018.
- 2018/03/21 Ryo Akiyama gave a poster presentation on "Light Projection-Induced Illusion for Controlling Object Color" at IEEE VR 2018.
- 2018/03/20 Oral Kaplan gave a poster presentation on "Towards Situated Knee Tracking Visualization for Self Analysis in Cycling" at IEEE VR 2018.