Interactive Media Design Laboratory
Our vision is to introduce Augmented Reality into the everyday lives of everyone on this planet. Augmented Reality is a technology that enhances human vision with computer generated graphics. In order to achieve our vision, it is imperative to merge three currently distinct research fields into one: Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, and Human-Computer Interaction. The lab is co-directed by Professor Hirokazu Kato and Associate Professor Christian Sandor and includes several assistant professors, postdocs, graduate students and visitors.
- 2017/12/01 Yuto Inamitsu won Excellence Award in ISCA(International Students Creativity Award) 2017.
- 2017/11/29 Assistant Professor Takafumi Taketomi and Haruka Matsumura presented their research in ICAT-EGVE 2017.
- 2017/11/04 Tatsuya Nakajima and Shuichi Otani won the Credit Saison Award in Ritsumeikan University Venture Contest.
- 2017/11/04 Shuichi Otani won Excellence Award in NBK New Business Awards Business Plan bracket.
- 2017/10/20 Ryo Akiyama and Haruka Matsumura presented their research in SIG-MR 2017.
- 2017/9/30 Ryo Akiyama's research theme has been selected as a Strategic Basic Research Program by Japan Science and Technology Agency.